Citizenship by Investment Programme
*Limited time offer*
The following incentives are valid up until October 31, 2018:
- The investment for the National Development Fund has been reduced by 50%, now only $100,000.
- While the minimum Real Estate investment remains at $400,000, applicants may submit two joint applications of $200,000.
Antigua & Barbuda launched its Citizenship by Investment Programme in 2013. Investors along with their families will have the opportunity to apply for citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda thereby receiving all the benefits that citizenship confers.
With an upturn in the economy and a new airport with increased ease of travel from many countries the benefits of having citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda are increasing.
Routes to Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP)
The Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP) requires a person to make a significant economic contribution to the Country. In exchange, and subject to stringent application procedures, including thorough background checks, the applicants and their families are granted citizenship. To qualify for citizenship, the primary applicant must be over 18 years of age, meet the application requirements. Foreign nationals including their spouse, dependent children up to 28 years as well as parents and grandparents over 58 years can obtain citizenship via one simultaneous application. There are no specific requirements pertaining to business experience. There is however a residency requirement of 5 days in the first five years of citizenship with the exception of dependents under the age of 18. The three routes of investment are:
- Real Estate – the real estate investment allows an investor to gain citizenship as well as own a revenue generating asset with potential for future capital gain.
- National Development Fund
- Business Investment
Antigua & Barbuda is a ‘Middle to Upper Income’ (World Bank) country with a GDP in 2012 of US$1.2 billion, 2.8% above the level of 2011 and a GDP per capita of US$13,500. Growth continued in 2013, estimated at 2.3%, reflecting new investment in tourism, construction, and transportation. Services now account for 64% of the economy with industry 33% and agriculture 3% (World Bank).
Tourism dominates the national economy and is the most important source of foreign exchange and foreign direct investment in Antigua & Barbuda. It underpins the country’s economic growth accounting for two thirds of GDP, 40 percent of investment and more than half of the island’s employment opportunities.
Investment banking and financial services also make up an important part of the economy. Major world banks with offices in Antigua include the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) and Scotiabank
Antigua & Barbuda is a small, politically stable country. It is a constitutional monarchy with the British monarch as head of state. It has a strong democratic system of government based on the Westminster system with legislative, executive and judicial branches. Elections are held every five years.
Travel links to Antigua
Antigua has direct flights from London, New York, Miami, Atlanta, San Juan, Montreal, Toronto and Frankfurt, and Milan. With new routes planned following the opening of the new state of the art VC Bird International Airport with the capability of handling 1.5 million passengers continued growth is expected. In addition to air passengers, Antigua has a very active seaport.
Benefits of Citizenship
- Visa Free Travel to approximately 130+ countries including the U.K., Switzerland,Singapore, Hong Kong, the European Union countries including all 28 Schengen states and most other British Commonwealth countries
- Dual and Lifetime Citizenship for you and eligible family members
- Tax Advantages – Antigua & Barbuda has no capital gain or estate taxes; income generated outside of the country is not taxed
- Minimal Residency – 5 days residency in the first five years
- Investment in the Future in an ever changing political and economic environment, the acquisition of a second citizenship for an individual and their family members could be considered an investment for future generations.
- Lifestyle – New citizens can spend as much time in Antigua & Barbuda as the wish. The nation offers a stress-free lifestyle in one of the most comfortable climates in the world.
- The Antigua & Barbuda Program is one of the most desirable for its flexibility and value but also because this independent British Commonwealth nation is one of the Caribbean region’s true gems for its beauty and friendly population.
The government welcomes the opportunity for new investors and citizens to come to Antigua & Barbuda under the new Citizenship Act 2013.
The process of acquiring citizenship in Antigua & Barbuda via a property purchase is relatively straightforward though the government Citizenship Investment Unit (CIU) is extremely stringent when reviewing applications and performing due diligence hence it is important to have qualified and expert legal representation throughout the process.
Here at Antigua Estates we work with you and our Licensed Agent to ensure your CIP application is processed in a timely and professional manner.
If you would like to know more about how we can help you please email CIP@antiguaesates.com
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must be submitted to the Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship Investment Unit by a Licensed Agent.