Enviroshake® products beat Traditional Cedar in every category
Antigua Estates is the authorised agent for Antigua and can assist you with your project whether small or large. Having used Enviroshake on our own property we wholeheartedly can recommend this product, not only is it environmentally friendly and you can start to use water collected from your new roof in to your cistern tank straight away. Unlike traditional wood shingles.
Aesthetics: Enviroshake® products are designed to authentically look like cedar.
- Enviroshake® is the only composite on the market to truly replicate the authentic look of natural #1 grade taper-split cedar shakes
- Enviroshingle® is the only composite on the market to truly replicate the authentic look of natural 5″ perfection cedar shingles
- The 8 profiles that the Enviroshake® comes in, and the 2 profiles that Enviroshingle® comes in, are all made from the 3D images of real cedar shakes and shingles, to ensure the wood grains, thickness, and sizes are all true to nature.
- Enviroshake® is pleased to offer various color options to emulate a natural cedar roof in various stages of its life. Both Enviroshake® and Enviroshingle® are available in classic silvered cedar, aged cedar, or multi tone. All Enviroshake® products will weather, and as with cedar, there may be variations in shading and thickness of the shakes, giving the product a natural look on the roof.
- Enviroshake® looks like a real hand-split cedar cedar, because it has real wood fibers in them. The cellulosic fibers (natural wood fibers) used in the composition allow the Enviroshake® and Enviroshingle® to achieve the authentic look and thickness of a natural cedar shake and shingle.
Value: Enviroshake® Products come with a Lifetime Warranty
- In as little as 15 years, cedar can rot, crack, and start to spoil the look of your home. Enviroshake® leads the revolution with authentic good looks, no maintenance and a Lifetime warranty.
- The Lifetime Warranty is further complemented with full transferrability for up to 50 years, thus adds value in future home sales.
Maintenance & Durability: One of the safest, most durable roofing products available.
- Mould, mildew and insect resistant, will not rot, crack, or peel, maintenance free, and hail resistant!
- Enviroshake® products are fire retardant to meet Class “C” fire ratings.
- Impact tests show you don’t need to worry about damage from falling tree limbs, hail, wind, or even walking on your roof. We have the highest certification level available- LEVEL IV UL 2218.
- We’ve solved the freeze/thaw problems associated with cedar. Weatherometer results, under 5x magnification displayed no delaminating, cracking, erosion or chalking to affect the performance of the shake.
- Enviroshake® Inc. products exhibited superior performance in Miami Dade tests for wind speeds up to 180 MPH (290 km/h)
Environmental Impact: Enviroshake® products are green!
- Enviroshake® products are a unique environmentally friendly composite material
- 95% of the content is derived from reprocessed post-industrial polymers, elastomers and fibers.
http://www.enviroshake.com/products/download-brochure/Click here to download your Enviroshake® brochure.
Enviroshake is the preferred wood shake alternative in the Caribbean
Achieve the cedar look want, without the maintenance and other problems associated with real wood. The Enviroshake has less than 2% moisture absorption, eliminating any mould, mildew, rotting, and the diminished aesthetic that takes place with natural cedar in humid climates.
Enviroshake has achieved the highest impact test rating (level 4, UL2218) making it extremely durable, and able to withstand foot traffic, falling tree branches, and even golf balls.
High winds are no match for the Enviroshake, Enviroshake exhibited superior performance in tests for up to category five wind speeds (180 MPH/290 km/h).
Enviroshake also has a lower heat transfer ratio than cedar
What is Enviroshake?
Enviroshake is a composite roofing shingle that is designed to authentically replicate the look of a natural weathered wood shakes. 95% of the materials used in the product are recycled materials. The Enviroshake composite blend is a mixture of post-industrial plastic(s), recycled elastomers and cellulosic fibres. The proprietary formulation results in a product that has enhanced durability, longevity, and performance. Enviroshake has been tested to Miami Dade, and achieved a category 5 high velocity wind rating, with an industry leading wind speeds of 180 MPH. Enviroshake also uses the latest in UV Inhibitor Technology utilizing HALS (Hindered Amine Light Stabilizer) that provides excellent light and effective ultraviolet light protection for applications demanding high light stability, as well as outstanding long-term protection. Enviroshake is not damaged by salt spray and is resistant to moss, mold and mildew. The runoff water from an Enviroshake roof is non-toxic, potable, and even meets World Health Organization drinking water standards.
What is Cool Roofing?
Cool Roofing defines a material that has enhanced properties that allow it to reflect and emit the suns radiation back to the sky instead of transferring the heat into your house. The coolness of a product is measured by the Solar Reflectivity Index, which measures solar and thermal emittance. To be considered a ‘Cool Roof’ a product must have an SRI greater than 19. The higher the value, the cooler the roof. Enviroshake composite roofing products have a Solar Reflectivity Index (SRI) Value of 27.4.
What is EnviroCool™?
We took our superior proprietary formulation, and enhanced it with inorganic reflective pigments to make a highly engineered cool roofing product that has the quality and benefits associated with Enviroshake Roofing.
- EnviroCool™ has an SRI value of 27.4
- Energy Efficient: Cuts cost by reducing the need for air conditioning and can extend the life of cooling equipment. An EnviroCool™ roof can provide savings on household energy costs by up to 30%- Cool Roof Rating Council
- Increase Occupant Comfort: An EnviroCool™ roof can result in naturally cooler indoor temperatures.
- Reduce Carbon Emissions: Lowers CO2 and emissions by cutting back the use of fossil fuelled-generated electricity.
- Reduce Peak electric power demand
- 90% of the suns UV’s (Heat) can be reflected off the roof! – Cool Roof Rating Council
- A typical 50 Square home in Grand Cayman spends about $1000 USD per month on cooling bills. An EnviroCool™ roof can save up to 30% of cooling costs, leading to approximately $300 USD per month in savings.